Ishibashi Scholarship for Graduate Students Majoring in Art History in Japan
Ishibashi Foundation is offering a scholarship through Japan Educational Exchanges and Services (JEES) to graduate students who are planning to conduct research in art history in one of the selected universities in Japan.
Amount and Duration of Scholarship
150,000 yen/month（Maximum duration: Two years）
Eligibility and Application Procedures
Graduate students who are planning to study art history in one of the selected universities in Japan. Please see below for the list of the universities.
- Graduate students who are not living in Japan at the time of application;
- Graduate students who have no difficulty in understanding lectures or research seminars in Japanese language; and
- Graduate students who will be able to receive a recommendation from the university they plan to enter.
The application procedure depends on the university to which you apply.
- For further information and to apply, please contact a scholarship office of the university in the list.
Applications must be submitted by the selected universities in Japan.
- Applications submitted directly by the applicants to JEES will not be accepted.
- Prior to being recommended for this scholarship by the selected universities in Japan, applicants must arrange for a university faculty member to serve as an academic advisor in order to be considered for admittance into the university.
- Applicants are required to communicate directly with their chosen academic advisor to obtain consent from the faculty member to serve in this capacity.
- Applicants will lose eligibility for the scholarship if they are not accepted in the university recommending the applicants.
- The deadline for selected universities in Japan to recommend applicants to JEES is Friday 17 June, 2016.
The scholarship is available for the period between October 2016 and September 2018, and covers costs while studying at the selected university in Japan. Maximum duration is two years.
For further information
List of selected universities
- Tohoku University
- Tsukuba University
- Chiba University
- Tokyo University
- Tokyo University of the Arts
- Waseda University
- Keio University
- Meiji Gakuin University
- Aoyama Gakuin University
- Sophia University
- Ochanomizu University
- Seijo University
- Gakushuin University
- Rikkyo University
- Musashino Art University
- Tama Art University
- Atomi University
- Jissen Women’s Educational Institute
- Kyoritsu Women’s Educational Institution
- Joshibi University of Art and Design
- Kanazawa College of Art
- Nagoya University
- Aichi Prefectural University of Fine Arts and Music
- Kyoto University
- Kyoto Institute of Technology
- Kyoto City University of Arts
- Doshisha University
- Ritsumeikan University
- Kyoto University of Art and Design
- Osaka University
- Kansai University
- Kobe University
- Kwansei Gakuin University
- Kyushu University
- Okinawa Prefectural University of Arts